Hi there! I'm Elizabeth
at Elizabeth Marini Photography, but my close friends and family call me Lizy (lē·sē or liz·ē).
Other friends call me Liz or even Lilly because I'm often seen wearing Lilly Pulitzer. Just like my Lilly outfits, my photography style tends to be fun, bright, colorful, and vibrant.
10 SUPER FUN FACTS
01. God and my family are my priorities. I am a wife to my amazing husband and a mom of 3 wonderful sons and the cutest pug. Have a pet you love? Bring him to your next session!
02. I'm Miami born and raised and will take advantage of any opportunity I get to visit. Interested in a Miami destination portrait session? Let's do it!
03. I first learned that there was more to photography than just point and shoot while taking a class my senior year at Carrollton School of the Sacred Heart, a private all-girls high school in Miami, Fl. My teen years were such a fun time in my life, which is most likely why teen and senior photography resonates so much with me.
04. I graduated from Florida International University with a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology degree. My love for photography and technology led me to work at Photo I.D. Card Office as a college student and I even continued after I earned my degree. In 2008 (after 16 years), I resigned from my position as Associate Director of the Graham University Center Information Technology Department, when my husband's job moved us to Palm City, FL in Martin County. My love for technology continues as I stay up to date with the latest technology and equipment in my photography business.
05. As a stay-at-home mom, I practiced my photography skills by taking lots of photos of my family, friends, and kids' sports teams. I also took photography classes at Indian River State College's Entrepreneurship Institute. I even had the opportunity to study under an Internationally Award-Winning Photographer, who challenged me to think outside of my comfort zone and grow as a photographer. Thinking outside the box is the reason I love photographing seniors. Each is so unique and beautiful. I love tailoring an experience to whom each is and capturing her story.
06. When I am not in Martin County, you can find me at Disney World. I'm a Disney Annual Passholder, Disney Vacation Club member and even have a vacation home 5 miles from Disney. Are you planning a Disney vacation or visiting Central Florida? Let's plan a destination photo session!
07. I love the beach, sandy toes, the ocean breeze, cruising and scuba diving. I am PADI (scuba diving) Advanced Open Water certified. My favorite dives were in the Bahamas, Mexico, and Disney's Living Seas at Epcot. I just got a GoPro Hero 9! Underwater photography will be my next goal, but for now, let's schedule your next photo session at the beach session!
08. Where do I get my energy for my sessions from? Coffee of course! Cuban espressos, or cafe con leche (latte) and Starbucks White Chocolate Mochas are my favorites.
09. I binge-watch Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime with my family, but I watch a lot of Hallmark movies once all the boys go to bed. I enjoy comparing cinematography techniques to photography and pay extra attention to how scenes are composed, angles, lighting, etc...
10. I'm a chocoholic! I especially love warm chocolate chip cookies, M&Ms, Hershey's milk chocolate Kisses, Dove's Dark Chocolate, and Denny's or Dylan's Candy Bar chocolate shakes. Chocolate is high on my list of things that make me happy. I might even have some in my camera bag in case I need a snack during a photo shoot.
Did you really just read all that about me? Well, it's only fair I get to know you too! Send me a message in the Inquire section!
Member of PPA - Professional Photographers of America (ID #008373696)
Canon Professional Gold Member
Magic Hour Official Photographer (Volunteer)
Licensed and Insured
Fully bilingual, Spanish